The Organ in St Peter’s Church Oadby
The instrument is a late 19th century Taylor of Leicester 2-manual instrument. It has been rebuilt as follows:
• Taylor (1910 and 1917-enlargement)
• Walker (1961, enlargement, conversion to electro-pneumatic and re-siting of the swell box turned through 90 degrees to speak down the north aisle)
• Peter Collins (2003 enlargement and fitting of a solid state transmission)
• Iain Harvey (2011-13 remedying the less successful aspects of the 2003 rebuild: remodelling the Gt mixture and re-siting and revoicing of the new Gt trumpet/clarion)
The organ is presently in the care of the excellent Iain Harvey of Charles James Organs, Bury St Edmunds. It sounds extremely good and has everything one could wish for in a large, 2 manual and pedal instrument.